Singh Sabha Southall is very pleased to offer a new series of FREE courses to members of the Sangat titled ‘Everyday financial and maths skills‘. The courses are designed to help members of the Sangat (aged 18 and above) who lack basic financial or numeracy skills, cope better with everyday matters involving either finance or maths. These include:
- personal budgeting;
- knowing which is the best special offer to choose when shopping;
- understanding types of savings and loans on offer; measurements and converting from imperial to metric;
- understanding percentages, fractions, ratios, or discounts when shopping;
- understanding everyday tax calculations;
- understanding household bills;
- maths relating to health and medication;
- reading time tables;
- and much more.
Each course will be taught in Punjabi and English, and will be in the form of either workshops lasting a few hours, or short courses lasting several weeks. All courses will be delivered either at the Singh Sabha’s classrooms in Park Avenue and/or online at the dates/times below:
- Tuesday 19 December, 7pm
- Thursday 21 December, 3pm (Punjabi speakers only)
- Sunday 24 December, 10am (English speakers only)
YOU MUST REGISTER BELOW IN ORDER TO ATTEND!
Please fill in the online form below to express your interest in these courses. There is no obligation to enrol on a course once you have submitted the form! If you have difficulty in completing the form online, then please come in to Singh Sabha Southall reception to complete the form.
Members of the Sangat who are interested in taking one or more courses, will be invited to taster sessions to be held at Park Avenue. The aim of the taster sessions is to understand the aims and wishes of those in attendance and to provide them with comprehensive information about the courses. Dates of taster sessions are as above.
ਜੇ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਫਾਰਮ ‘ਤੇ ਰਜਿਸਟਰ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਲ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਕੋਰਸ ਕਨਵੀਨਰ ਪਰਮਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਨੂੰ ਕਾਲ ਕਰੋ ਜੋ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਕਰਨਗੇ – +447769261590.